Hi from Brisbane

A place to introduce yourself to the community
BennieC
Model Of Vehicle: RANGER XLT PX
Year Of Vehicle: 2013

Hi all. Just bought a PX XLT. Love the car, but it's fuel economy is terrible, seems to be over 16L per 100 on average, but only on my second tank of fuel. Looking to find some info on why this is happening
saeb
Site Admin
Site Admin
Model Of Vehicle: RANGER XLT PX2
Year Of Vehicle: 2015
Forscan Dongle Type: Ford VCM

How many KM on the odometer?

What fuel do you use?

I bought Caltex Vortex this week and have dropped 1.3 litres per 100 vs no name fuel.
Stewart

Ford PX2 Supercab 2015 Automatic
BennieC
Model Of Vehicle: RANGER XLT PX
Year Of Vehicle: 2013

27500 kms on the odometer. Not sure what was in the tank when I bought the car, just put in shell diesel. Might have to see what difference Caltex makes next fill. Going through the service receipts from the previous owner, he told Ford he was having fuel economy issues. Ford's resolution was "Check faults though OBD scan, no faults present" May be because the engine is still fresh, but it seems a bit high to me seeing as I don't tow anything and only have an ARB bullbar and canopy.
GerryP
Year Of Vehicle: 2017
Forscan Dongle Type: OBDlink MX+ Black Bluetooth

It might be worth asking your dealer for a PCM update. Mine had a cold injector knock which the update fixed, but I'm sure my economy has also improved since the update.
Gerry
'17 Ford Ranger PX2 XLT Supercab
Manual, Canopy, Flares, ROH Assassins, Smartbar Stealth, Solar & Dual Battery
saeb
Site Admin
Site Admin
Year Of Vehicle: 2015
Forscan Dongle Type: Ford VCM

Good advice Gerry.

Also throw all of this http://www.liqui-moly.com.au/diesel-inj ... nock-2789/ in half a tank of diesel. Yes I overdosed.

When I was having issues the other week I gave it a go. Its basically a combination of alkanes, oils and a cetane booster. Yes you could make something else similar for a lot cheaper but this would be a discussion for another thread.

Pros for me were;
Once it gets through it shuts the injectors up. It was amazing how quiet they were. Think euro quietness on the freeway.

The Cetane of the diesel will be increased and their can be many benefits of this. I did notice smoother running and really noticed it when reved all the way to redline. It was like a little Japanese engine, smooth.

Possibly improved fuel economy. It may be possible that my fuel economy has improved so much due to running this through or it could be the Caltex fuel. I was down to 4 litres when I put the Caltex in so the amount of 2-ethylhexyl nitrate left in the fuel would have been very minimal.

If someone has access to a drum of 2-ethylhexyl nitrate then I want some please. The public do not seem to be able to buy it at a retail level so we have to pay stupid prices for pre mixed instead. I may have a way but have yet to push the subject.
Stewart

Ford PX2 Supercab 2015 Automatic