Newbie saying hi.

A place to introduce yourself to the community
DA9TURBS
Model Of Vehicle: RANGER WILDTRAK PX2
Year Of Vehicle: 2016

hi fellow ranger clan, I bought my ranger new feb 2016 after doing research and loved them was very close to buying a px1
xls. But waited and was set on a silver or blue px2 xlt until the sales manager said theres only couple grand diff to a wildtrak, that being said they
had a pride orange wildtrak auto on the showroom floor(already sold) but I fell in love and ordered a manual version. The wait from November to feb pickup was a killer as I imagine most in here can agree, but have loved it since. I am a mechanic for work and have done the little add ons myself, at work ive had the pleasure of doing injector and injection pump replacement, injector testing, engine and turbo replacement, diesel chip installs at previous job and still like the ranger. Mine is still under 50,000kms and has only had a few minor issues, rear main seal weap, egr valve fault codes causing limp mode, and the gps was playing up on and off for a while. Near future will be lift kit, rear step bar/tow bar, dual battery setup, gauges, cb, phone charger and antenna, maybe flares and wheel/tyre combo. Have been bush less than 10 times but must say they are so good offroad even with the stock tyres, have been through some slippery stuff and done some technical tree dodging to get the heart rate going. Well hope to learn some tips and tricks from you guys that have been modding your ride and am happy to chat and offer as much info as possible. Im starting to dabble with forscan and will most likely ask few questions related to that or read on in the subjects previously covered and go from there, if in Melbourne enjoy the rainy long weekend and the pies winning the grand final. All the best.
Basically stock, just catch can, 2ndary pre fuel filter, 3" turbo back, plug n go, armax snorkel, k&n filter, intercooler pipes. no chip no tune. :D
saeb
Site Admin
Site Admin
Model Of Vehicle: RANGER XLT PX2
Year Of Vehicle: 2015
Forscan Dongle Type: Ford VCM

Nice write up!

Standard tyres going up a hill in a wet paddock on grass is bad, nearly sliding down a fence bad. I'm glad I had a winch and now am even happier to no longer have the standard tyres.

Enjoy.
Stewart

Ford PX2 Supercab 2015 Automatic
DA9TURBS
Model Of Vehicle: RANGER WILDTRAK PX2
Year Of Vehicle: 2016

Cheers, I went to some outhere spots just my car and passenger and another time just me in the car took a track to find out it was like being on oil got back out of there and stayed on the main tracks, im hanging for a winch and that also with a good winch bar. Ive got a set of mastercraft 33" all terrains I put on for a bit of play which were good when I took the kids to some local tracks. Like everything costs money will get there eventually.
Basically stock, just catch can, 2ndary pre fuel filter, 3" turbo back, plug n go, armax snorkel, k&n filter, intercooler pipes. no chip no tune. :D