A place to introduce yourself to the community
Trail-Seeker
Donator
Donator
Model Of Vehicle: RANGER WILDTRAK PX2
Year Of Vehicle: 2018
Forscan Dongle Type: ELM327

Hi everybody,

for three months now I own a PX2 Wildtrak 3.2l Auto, but you know that from my signiture already. My work related trips to Asia and Australia infected me with the "virus" to have a real 4wd. After many years the dream finally came true and I am very happy to own one myself.

Unfortunately the Ranger is quite exotic car here in Germany and it is very difficult to find proper technical information to the car itself (the Ford dealers have no clue), but also related to upgrade parts. Friends from down under pointed me to the new ranger forum and via that one I got here. Looking forward to find insight information helping me to setup my Ranger and to help others with my modifications.
2018 PXII Wildtrak in frost white, 3.2 Auto, 17x8 TUFF T01, 265/70 BFG A/T, Gobi-X Rock Sliders, Lazer Lamps RRR 750 Elite 3, OBDLinkMX, Rhino Rack
hoges
Donator
Donator
Model Of Vehicle: RANGER XLT PX2
Year Of Vehicle: 2017

Good onya Mate
Px2 auto, ARB bar, 17x8 American eagle wheels, 285x70 BFG at, diff drop kit, upper control arms, Dobinson remotes front, arb rear, 3 deg diff castor wedges, Body line flares, HDI intercooler, Derale 15960, AFE trans sump
Paddy_c
Model Of Vehicle: EVEREST TREND UA
Year Of Vehicle: 2016

Nice to hear Trail-Seeker, I was surprised to see the amount of rangers in Germany last year compared to years ago when pick up trucks were essentially non existent.
2016 Ford Everest Trend
2 inch iron-man lift and bull bar
Trail-Seeker
Donator
Donator

Yes, the pick up trend has reach the continent, but the price plays also a role, they are cheap compared with other cars 😁
2018 PXII Wildtrak in frost white, 3.2 Auto, 17x8 TUFF T01, 265/70 BFG A/T, Gobi-X Rock Sliders, Lazer Lamps RRR 750 Elite 3, OBDLinkMX, Rhino Rack
MikeK
Donator
Donator
Forscan Dongle Type: SAEB Forscan Dongle WIN10

Hello Trail-Seeker. I also live in Germany and found this site the same way you did.

I'm still in my first full month of Wildtrak ownership and it has become my daily driver. I think I'll sell my Ford Mondeo MK3 and be happy with my truck.
2018 Wildtrak 3.2L Auto Supercab 4x4 in Pride Orange
Trail-Seeker
Donator
Donator

Hi MikeK,

good to see that there are some other Ranger owners from Germany around. I am curious about the experiences with the Ranger and the mods (hard and software) people have done here, especially when it comes to the TÜV :)
MikeK
Donator
Donator
Forscan Dongle Type: SAEB Forscan Dongle WIN10

I think the TÜV restrictions will prevent a lot of modifications that seem commonplace in Australia. I had a long conversation with the dealer in Bad Nauheim about the lack of accessories for the Ranger. Every add-on must be certified and this costs a lot of money. There was a tricked out Ranger on the showroom floor that listed for over €75K and it had oversized Tyres, a lift kit, a bull bar, and a light bar. The salesman said the cost of the upgrades was less than the cost of getting the TÜV.
2018 Wildtrak 3.2L Auto Supercab 4x4 in Pride Orange
Trail-Seeker
Donator
Donator

Sad, but true. Germany the land of bureaucrats and regulations :twisted: