Hi guys

A place to introduce yourself to the community
lloyd.herbert19
Model Of Vehicle: RANGER XL PX2
Year Of Vehicle: 2015

Hey guys,

Just joined I have a PX 2 XL ranger with a 3inch bilstein lift with 33’s and Ironman bar work and a tjm snorkel.
I’m after some info on the BCM I have recently wired in the indicators and Park lights on my iron man bar. I have a problem with my drivers side park light, it’s not working on the bull bar or in the actual headlight itself (I have no voltage either). I believe that these Park lights come strait from the BCM and from what I have read I may have tripped something in the BCM anyone know how I can reset this? Can you do it with FORScan?
3inch bilstein lift, 33’s, and iron man bullbar with side steps and rails.
saeb
Site Admin
Site Admin
Model Of Vehicle: RANGER XLT PX2
Forscan Dongle Type: Ford VCM

Use Forscan to check for fault codes on the BCM first, then reset faults codes on this module.
Stewart

Ford PX2 Supercab 2015 Automatic
lloyd.herbert19

I don’t actually have FORScan is there a way of resetting it without FORScan?
saeb
Site Admin
Site Admin

3rd party scantool, Ford IDS or Forscan. Forscan is your cheapest option though. Basic scantools will only clear PCM DTC's.
Stewart

lloyd.herbert19

I have found the problem some swarf got into one of the pugs and shorted it to ground. Tested the circuit with a multi metre and short has gone away after removing the swarf. The next thing I tried to do was reset the fault using FORScan but the fault keeps appearing strait away . I don’t want to keep trying to reset the fault incase there’s a limited amount of times you can reset it. I’m am pretty certain the short isn’t there anymore.
saeb
Site Admin
Site Admin

If after clearing the fault you still get the fault then I would say the fault code is correct. The BCM is pretty smart in these things, clearing faults are not limited but the FETS inside the BCM will basically expire after they reset themselves so many times. How many times I cannot tell you as I do not know. I do have a way of seeing all this but you are a bit far away for me to plug in.

I would say you still have a short. Remove all the wiring you added to the factory setup and clear them again. Make 100% certain that you fully revert your wiring to standard though.
Stewart