hi there px2 xlt ranger in need of help

A place to introduce yourself to the community
hosie9
Donator
Donator
Model Of Vehicle: RANGER XLT PX2
Year Of Vehicle: 2018

hi guys.
im new and got told this is the place to be to get help on adjusting and programming my ranger?
ive recently purchased my elm327 adapter and downloaded forscan hooked everything up ready to go.
i just dont know where to start now. i want to be able to change things like start up logo on sync 3 and have extra features on dash?
any help will be greatly appreciated
2018 px2 xlt ranger
Sibron
Year Of Vehicle: 2016

Hi Hosie9,
Mine has sync2 but I imagine the process for changing the background would be similar. I found it by accident when searching through the settings on sync. I don't have details because I did it about 12 months ago, but I remember you will need a thumb drive or sd card with the jpg file you want to use, and it has to be under a certain size, else Sync wont use it.
2016 PX2 XLT with Bull motorbody
RossPat
Year Of Vehicle: 2018
Forscan Dongle Type: OBDlink MX Black Bluetooth

Have what extra features on screen?

As far as I know an ELM327 dongle is fairly limited.

Scanguage or OBDLink MX are the preferred adapters, but still not able to get anything to the screen.
2018 XLT PX2 in Winning Blue
GerryP
Year Of Vehicle: 2017
Forscan Dongle Type: OBDlink MX+ Black Bluetooth

Hi hosie,

As Rosspat suggests the ELM327 is very limited and you won't see all of the Ford modules. You need an MX dongle - have a read here and then ask away if you need any more clarification. viewtopic.php?f=12&t=14

As far as the splash screen goes, the sync2 is totally different to the sync3. While sync2 could be uploaded with your own graphics, this is not possible with sync3. There are however a selection of alternative splash screen built in, such as Raptor, Lincoln and quite a few others. There's a thread on here somewhere detailing this, but I'd suggest getting the proper dongle and getting Forscan up first.

All the best mate. :)
Cheers
Gerry
'17 Ford Ranger PX2 XLT Supercab
Manual, Canopy, Flares, ROH Assassins, Smartbar Stealth, Solar & Dual Battery