Hi from Camden, NSW

A place to introduce yourself to the community
frankp
Model Of Vehicle: EVEREST AMBIENTE UA
Year Of Vehicle: 2014

HI,
Frankp here from Camden 60km SW of Sydney on the Hume Hwy. My wife and I are retired and enjoy remote area and outback touring in our 2014 Mazda BT50 Auto Dual Cab. Also love the Vic High Country, the Snowies and the bush in general. We tow a Kimberley Karavan and generally like to avoid crowds where possible, preferring the peace and quiet and gentle sounds and beauty of nature.

The BT has a 2 inch lift, GTM upgrade, ARB bar and winch and in place of the original tub a CSM canopy fitted out by Off Road Systems (near home) for touring.

I'm a frequenter of the Ozmazda and Newranger forums, also Exploroz, where I found a reference to this one. Saw some great posts on Newranger by saeb re re-programming some of the features in the PX2. Can't do it in the BT, I don't think, but its interesting to read about.

Hoping to learn about and contribute to things common to the Ranger and the BT.

Cheers
2014 3.2 Auto Mazda BT50 Dual cab. 2 inch lift. GVM upgrade to 3500kg. ARB bar, Runva 12000lb winch. CSM alloy canopy. ORS storage system. Dual batteries, Ranox programmable dc-dc charger.
saeb
Site Admin
Site Admin
Model Of Vehicle: RANGER XLT PX2
Year Of Vehicle: 2015
Forscan Dongle Type: Ford VCM

Glad to have you onsite Frank. You're right, unfortunately the programming side of things will not suit your BT50 but the Scangauge, Ultragauge, Torque and OBDlink hardware and apps will work with most custom settings.

Your current life sounds like a winner. Enjoy the countryside there is soooo much to see.
Stewart

Ford PX2 Supercab 2015 Automatic