Greetings all

A place to introduce yourself to the community
OzEverest
Model Of Vehicle: EVEREST TREND UA
Year Of Vehicle: 2017

Everest Trend MY17 owner. Wish to learn as much as possible.

Have completed half a lap towing a caravan successfully 18 months ago. In the last little while now getting limp mode and loss of power on hot days.

Stage 1: My plan is to purchase an OBD2 scanner to monitor various temperatures etc to try and see what is going on.
Stage 2: to get Forscan and do some of the mods/changes I have read about over on the Everest Australia FB page.
( will one device enable both of these? Was looking at the OBDLink MX+ wifi. For iPhone for Stage 1 and laptop for Forscan)

Looking forward to learning heaps.

Cheers.
Ford Everest Trend 4WD, MY17. ARB Bullbar, Redarc TowPro elite, Alpine in car roof DVD, BFG KO AT, Thule roof bars, ARB Awning.
saeb
Site Admin
Site Admin
Model Of Vehicle: RANGER XLT PX2
Year Of Vehicle: 2015
Forscan Dongle Type: Ford VCM

You can install Forscan on both devices and that dongle will also work with both devices.
Stewart

Ford PX2 Supercab 2015 Automatic
OzEverest
Model Of Vehicle: EVEREST TREND UA
Year Of Vehicle: 2017

saeb wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:51 am You can install Forscan on both devices and that dongle will also work with both devices.
Thanks Stuart.

I think I might be leaning toward the MX+ (Bluetooth), rather than the older MX WiFi model due to it being a bit cheaper. Unless of course there is a reason that WiFi is better than Bluetooth. I can’t see any difference between the two except the MX+ gives OEM add ons (whatever they are).

I started a post on these two in ‘general chat’

Cheers again.
Ford Everest Trend 4WD, MY17. ARB Bullbar, Redarc TowPro elite, Alpine in car roof DVD, BFG KO AT, Thule roof bars, ARB Awning.
saeb
Site Admin
Site Admin
Model Of Vehicle: RANGER XLT PX2
Year Of Vehicle: 2015
Forscan Dongle Type: Ford VCM

MX+ is new and is Bluetooth but how it will go when you want to use it on a laptop will be an unknown. Not sure who if anyone has tried it.

I think it is now supported by Forscan but best check their site for supported adaptors before spending your dollars.

If you do not see it listed then send them an email.
Stewart

Ford PX2 Supercab 2015 Automatic