Hello from Bryan.

A place to introduce yourself to the community
bryan
Model Of Vehicle: EVEREST AMBIENTE UA
Year Of Vehicle: 2013

G'day -- Just joined. Been on the new ranger forum for a while -- even though with a 2013 BT50 this seems to be the best place to be.

Very interested in the software part.

Had a bit of a poke around the OBD2 looking for something to tell me what gear I'm in (as an auto).

Also, one of the things I've wanted to do is to have the diff lock on with the traction control enabled. I was just going to rewire to get this to happen (ie have the diff lock bypass the ecu) but maybe this can be done in software?

And I see changing tyre size might be possible. Very interesting.

Since running torque I now find the standard dash completely redundant. Never look at it!! Only use torque as it tells the truth.

At least on the BT50 I see that the OBD2 speed is spot on while the dash speedo is completely a fiction!

Enough rambling ;-)

Bryan.
Springvale VIC, Mazda 2013 xtr bt50. 2" lift, 305/70 17 bighorn, oricom cb with home made rotating antenna, mazda canopy, home made shovel holder, home made dust seal for rear tub, home made nexus 7 tablet holder for navigation
saeb
Site Admin
Site Admin
Model Of Vehicle: RANGER XLT PX2
Year Of Vehicle: 2015
Forscan Dongle Type: Ford VCM

Just keep in mind that any of the asbuilt changes listed for the Rangers is NOT compatible with the BT50. If you require Tyre size changes on the BT50 I'm pretty sure I can change them with Ford software or you may be able to do it with Forscan in CCC mode using the correct calibration files.

You're only local so if you need a hand give me a heads up.

Some but not all Torque and OBDlink PIDS will work for you. Once again if you want them but they are different then it require a visit to myself and I can pull them out of your vehicle and convert them to a usable format.
Stewart

Ford PX2 Supercab 2015 Automatic