New ranger recruit

A place to introduce yourself to the community
phlix
Model Of Vehicle: RANGER XLS PX2
Year Of Vehicle: 2018

Hi All. Been a Ranger owner for a year now, 3" lift ,33" muds, custom tray, dual batts, on board air, afn front bar. The kids call it the rumbly car. Would post a couple of pics but not sure how. Anyhow I have a P0825 fault code problem that Ford have wiped their hands of and am hoping to find some help on this forum.
2018 xls 2" lift 33" muds and custom tray
RossPat
Model Of Vehicle: RANGER XLT PX2
Forscan Dongle Type: OBDlink MX Black Bluetooth

The P0825 code is a generic powertrain code related to the transmission including pressure faults and sensor failures.

In this case, the engine control module (ECM) has found a fault in the electrical circuit of the gear lever push-pull switch to transmission range correlation circuit.
2018 XLT PX2 in Winning Blue
Christion.buric112
Model Of Vehicle: RANGER XL PX2
Forscan Dongle Type: SAEB Forscan Dongle WIN10

check your wiring around drive train
phlix

Been reading through some posts here and would appear others have had a similar problem related to tyre size. I'm running 285/75 r16 and had a local guy, advertised on web as techinno, ( not sure if he is a member here ) adjust bcm so that my speedo and gps speed are correct. Will track him down again and return to factory settings and see if that fixes it.
2018 xls 2" lift 33" muds and custom tray
RossPat
Forscan Dongle Type: OBDlink MX Black Bluetooth

Try and find anyone who has Forscan, could be more than one in you area.
2018 XLT PX2 in Winning Blue
saeb
Site Admin
Site Admin
Year Of Vehicle: 2015
Forscan Dongle Type: Ford VCM

phlix wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:35 pm Been reading through some posts here and would appear others have had a similar problem related to tyre size. I'm running 285/75 r16 and had a local guy, advertised on web as techinno, ( not sure if he is a member here ) adjust bcm so that my speedo and gps speed are correct. Will track him down again and return to factory settings and see if that fixes it.
Basically your guru has made an inappropriate change and has gone beyond the 0977 before a DTC will occur. Buy an adaptor and fix it yourself or get setup and I can Teamviewer in and fix it for you.
Stewart

Ford PX2 Supercab 2015 Automatic
GerryP
Year Of Vehicle: 2017
Forscan Dongle Type: OBDlink MX+ Black Bluetooth

phlix wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:35 pm Been reading through some posts here and would appear others have had a similar problem related to tyre size. I'm running 285/75 r16 and had a local guy, advertised on web as techinno, ( not sure if he is a member here ) adjust bcm so that my speedo and gps speed are correct. Will track him down again and return to factory settings and see if that fixes it.
Just to add to that, if you do manage to get the speedo reading identical to your GPS, it means your odometer and also your DTE fuel readings won't be correct as your speedo is factory programmed to read higher than the actual speed as seen by the BCM.
Gerry
'17 Ford Ranger PX2 XLT Supercab
Manual, Canopy, Flares, ROH Assassins, Smartbar Stealth, Solar & Dual Battery
Fireguard
Donator
Donator
Year Of Vehicle: 2017
Forscan Dongle Type: OBDlink MX Red Wifi

It seems to be a fault unique to XLS's (possibly only manuals)......... the maximum change to the tyre size is LESS than 0977 (I'm still tyring to figure out the exact number).
above 0977 the standard faults appear, but at and under 0977 the P0825 fault appears randomly (usually after powering out of a corner/roundabout and changing up a gear)
Rob.

2017, PX2 XLS Manual, with a DPF :evil:
ARB Barwork all around, 2" EFS Liftkit, Canopy, ARB UVP, Custom Dual Batteries