2015 PX2 XLT New Owner

A place to introduce yourself to the community
j_ace7
Model Of Vehicle: RANGER XLT PX2
Year Of Vehicle: 2015

Hi guys. Picked up my Ranger about a month ago 2nd hand with 18k on the clock. It is the 6 speed Manual. Done some cosmetic work to it and will be looking at some other performance related items in due course. Loving it so far, only issue is the TPMS warning coming on even after resetting. Have bought the tool from Amazon but having issues trying to clear. The CSA rims where on it when I purchased. Will post up a photo soon.
2015 PX2 XLT Dual Cab
6 Speed Manual
CSA Raptor Rims on BFG A/T
XROX Front Bar
Redarc Tow-Pro Elite
Bushranger Nighthawk 24.5" LED Lightbar
GME TX3345 UHF
Rhino Racks
ProVent 200
Donaldson Fuel/ Water Filter
saeb
Site Admin
Site Admin
Forscan Dongle Type: Ford VCM

Try again mate but I would put money on that the sensors are not in the Tyres ( hence no programming ). Post a close up pic of the valve stem for me.
Stewart

Ford PX2 Supercab 2015 Automatic
j_ace7

Picture as requested.
Attachments
20170729_174340_resized.jpg
20170729_174340_resized.jpg (1.35 MiB) Viewed 827 times
20170729_174340_resized.jpg
20170729_174340_resized.jpg (1.35 MiB) Viewed 827 times
2015 PX2 XLT Dual Cab
6 Speed Manual
XROX Front Bar
Redarc Tow-Pro Elite
GME TX3345 UHF
Rhino Racks
ProVent 200
saeb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks.

They are not TPMS valve stems.

Just standard off the shelf. The previous owner probably left them in the old wheels and sold them.

Go to Ford and buy 4 new wheels sensors then look tyre and wheel sub forum in how to activate them or get Ford to do it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Stewart

saeb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Forgot you do have the tool so all good. Just get the sensors fitted and program away.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Stewart

j_ace7

Thanks Stewart!

Next will be the OBDLink MX Bluetooth that I also bought from Amazon. Read your post on that and how to use. Want to get rid of chime when door/ keys are in the car.

Also, looking for suggestion on additional mods. Thinking of 3" Exhaust and Oil Catch Can. Are these worth it in your opinion? Also want to do a Chip Mod but been told to leave until after warranty? Any other basic upgrades you suggest?

Appreciate your help and can see me being a lon time user and donater to your great site!

Jason
2015 PX2 XLT Dual Cab
6 Speed Manual
XROX Front Bar
Redarc Tow-Pro Elite
GME TX3345 UHF
Rhino Racks
ProVent 200
saeb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Your'e welcome.

Can only go by what I have read and for what you get vs the $ the exhaust is not worth it. It does not even appear to be really worth it with a tune from the numbers I saw. So my opinion is no do not bother unless you are looking for a different sound. I'm sure others have a different opinion and I welcome the feedback.

Oil catch can definitely. Look at my ranger.net thread and you will see what I did, I used the original hose and made a bracket so all that was needed was the Provent 200. I just went and empties and cleaned half way through this message. I was pretty bad. Best bang for your buck and it would be the first thing I would ever do. Pickup from dealer go home and fit catch can.

Chip mod, why not. If it is done properly why is it an issue. If it is not done properly you will blow it up under warranty or blow it up out of warranty or if done properly you will get the benefit now. I don't understand the warranty argument.

I would like to modify my ECU but just adjust the parameters for engine torque in first and second gear and not touch the tune at all. If the limiter is adjusted for Reverse, first and second the we would not have to wait until 3rd gear to make use of our 470nm and overall it would make it a nicer vehicle to drive and no doubt improve economy around town. It's something I will look at later down the track and will probably grab a second hand ECU to pull apart re flash and install as a test.

All post contributions and donations are always welcome. It is what keeps this all alive.

Enjoy :)
Stewart

Novacane
Donator
Donator
Model Of Vehicle: NEXTGEN RA RANGER RAPTOR
Year Of Vehicle: 2023

Exhaust for better note is about all you can hope for. 520 for playtime exhaust. Sounds good. 1200 for a tune. Had my ecu tuned. Would go a piggy back but the people i use do it via ecu and you need pic someone you trust. I think piggy back or ecu is the old ford v holden. But yes it will void most of your warranty. Ie whatever is affected by increasing power above Ford's specs. On my tenth vehice and had everyone tuned drove one from ford straight to tunner once lol. But idealy would wait 5k then tune. Waiting on the MX Bluetooth dongle. So if i can provide you with any info when arrives on my ecu parameters Stewart just let me know.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

2016 px2 Wildtrak
2 inch OA lift
Electric side steps
ECU remap
Drone mobile smart start
j_ace7

Appreciate the replies and advice.

Just ordered the ProVent 200 with the add on Donaldson Water Separator Kit all in one with included bracket. Will post up some pictures once I receive and install.
2015 PX2 XLT Dual Cab
6 Speed Manual
XROX Front Bar
Redarc Tow-Pro Elite
GME TX3345 UHF
Rhino Racks
ProVent 200