Hi from Melbourne

A place to introduce yourself to the community
rookie23
Model Of Vehicle: RANGER XL PX
Year Of Vehicle: 2014

Looks like an a very interesting forum, thanks for putting in the effort.

Hopefully we might be able to contribute to the forum as well as pick up some much needed knowledge about using the ODB port with WiFi and Android. I have been intending to tackle this area for a while now but haven't really had the time.
Our last flat battery after the Ranger hadn't being driven for a while tells me that I need to pay closer attention to what is happening under the hood.

Our Ranger is largely used as a touring vehicle with a slide on camper so we can get to the more remote places that we like to go, thus the reason for the GVM upgrade as we don't tow. Storage and weight management are critical things for us as we are typically at our GVM limit when we set out on a longer trip. Our Ranger has done everything we have asked it to and it has just had its 3 year anniversary, hopefully it continues to perform well for several more years to come.

Does the 2014 PX Ranger have a similar firmware as the PX2 for settings like door chimes etc and if not how would ascertain what the differences are?
Cheers, Sam

2014 Ranger XL PX, 3.2L Manual, ARB GVM upgrade to 3330 Kg with 2" lift
Tradesman Alloy Roof Rack, Fleettrades HD Al Tray, Safari Snorkel, Redarc BCDC
FOBO TPMS, Digoptions Premium Sat Nav, Speedliner Tray Spray, Safeguard Cargo nets
saeb
Site Admin
Site Admin
Model Of Vehicle: RANGER XLT PX2
Year Of Vehicle: 2015
Forscan Dongle Type: Ford VCM

Welcome Sam. Unfortunately the px1 programming is totally different so the changes will not apply to your vehicle. There are some things you can do with Forscan but it is minimal and would not be of use to most. Scangauge, Ultragauge, Torque etc. PIDS should apply to a fair prcentage in your vehicle although I have not tested.
Stewart

Ford PX2 Supercab 2015 Automatic
rookie23
Model Of Vehicle: RANGER XL PX
Year Of Vehicle: 2014

Thanks Stewart, sadly it was sounding a bit promising.
- How can I find out what I can change with Forscan and px1?
- Is it possible to do more with Scangauge, Ultragauge, Torque you mentioned and if you know where do I go to find out about that?
Cheers, Sam

2014 Ranger XL PX, 3.2L Manual, ARB GVM upgrade to 3330 Kg with 2" lift
Tradesman Alloy Roof Rack, Fleettrades HD Al Tray, Safari Snorkel, Redarc BCDC
FOBO TPMS, Digoptions Premium Sat Nav, Speedliner Tray Spray, Safeguard Cargo nets